Stop reading this blog

Turn away from your computer and run (don't walk) in to your kitchen to make this dish.  Wait, come back and print a copy of the recipe first!  You'll need that.

Slow Cooker Chicken Pot Pie Stew.  Do I have your attention?  Is your mouth watering as mine was when my friend Erika told me about this?  SO GOOD!

As with any recipe I try, I never truly follow directions.  Cause that is how I roll.  See below in red for my edits.

Ingredients

4 large skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into cubes.  Or be lazy and throw in frozen chicken breasts I like did.  When you stir it up at the end, they'll break apart.
10 medium red potatoes, quartered.  Peel those bad boys.
1 (8 ounce) package baby carrots.  I'm not a baby carrot fan, so I diced up some "mommy" carrots I had in the fridge.
1 cup chopped celery
2 (26 ounce) cans condensed cream of chicken soup.  Ick, can't do this.  No clue where my aversion to "cream of blank" soup comes from, but I avoid using it in anything.  See below for my notes on how to work around this if you also share my weird aversion.
6 cubes chicken bouillon.  I just used enough chicken broth to cover everything in the crockpot
2 teaspoons garlic salt.  I used minced garlic instead.  I just eyeballed it and didn't really measure it.
1 teaspoon celery salt
1 tablespoon ground black pepper
1 (16 ounce) bag frozen mixed vegetables.  Left out, but added about a cup of peas.

Directions

1.Combine the chicken, potatoes, carrots, celery, chicken soup (ewwwww), chicken bouillon, garlic salt, celery salt, and black pepper in a slow cooker; cook on High for 5 hours.

2.Stir the frozen mixed vegetables peas into the slow cooker, and cook 1 hour more.
 
3.  Melt 1/3 cup of butter of medium heat in heavy saucepan.  Add diced onion and saute until translucent.  Stir in 1/3 cup of flour and mix until it becomes pasty (like a paste.  Not like my complexion).  Then add 2/3 cup of milk and cook for a few min.  Add to crockpot and mix in to incorporate.
 
4.  Serve over biscuits.
 
5.  Slip in a delicious food coma.

Labels: ,