The ultimate chocolate chip cookie recipe

You can stop looking, because this is it. I've found it. The ultimate chocolate chip cookie recipe. Look no further.

When I was 5 I asked my parents for a cookbook. I got the ABC cookbook for my birthday and for years used the "C is for chocolate chip cookie" recipe quite happily. Then one day, my friend Anne made cookies and the skies opened, angels sang, and birds flew in the window and helped me clean my house. The cookies were that magical.

She gave me the recipe and for over a year I just couldn't get it right.  I tried different kinds of flour, bought a new box of baking soda, but nothing made them taste the same as when Anne made them.  I finally realized this recipe MUST be mixed by hand.  If you put it in the KitchenAid or other mixer, you will ruin it.

Anne's Amazing Chocolate Chip Cookies
Melt 1 stick of butter (already off to a great start, right?)
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup of brown sugar (I make my own!  Check out tomorrow for the recipe and DIY directions)
1/4 cup of white sugar (I use the organic evaporated cane juice sugar from Costco)
Mix!

Add 1 egg
Mix!

Add a pinch of salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 & 1/4 cups of flour in 1/2 cup increments
Mix!

Then add 2 cups of chocolate chips (any recipe that uses more chocolate than flour is a sure bet)
Mix!

Bake at 375 for 7 min 30 seconds.  Our oven sucks, so I always have to bake them for 9 minutes 15 seconds.   They will look undone, so let them rest on the pan for about 10 minutes.

The recipe makes about 12 cookies plus 5 sizeable mouthfuls of cookie dough 18 cookies.

You need to make these tonight.  Please don't delay.

Labels: