Pantry Challenge - Week 2 check in

How did last week go for everyone?  What do you have planned for this week?

Last week was great for us, and almost all the planned meals came to fruition.  The exception would be I had planned to have dinner at my parent's yesterday, but a feverish toddler and a trip to the ER threw a wrench in that idea!  After being alone with a sicky kiddo all day, I was pooped.  Even though I had an organic free-range chicken breast defrosting, I totally cheated and bought a factory farmed rotisserie chicken from Costco.  The ER was right next door, and I headed over to try to fill Jack's prescription (closed. DRAT!).

The chicken was used with Kitchen Aid mixer pizza dough, BBQ sauce, mozzarella, and some caramelized onions and became BBQ chicken pizza.

And tonight, we're having Subway.  Ohhhhh, totally against meal planning "rules", but Jack and I are headed to Denver tomorrow to visit a friend (thanks to miles, the ticket was only $5!!).  I have to work late tonight, so between packing and working late, AND not having to buy groceries for this week, I'm cheating and getting take out.

So, what is on tap for you guys this week?  Are you finding certain aspects of this challenge, challenging?  Or, is it easier than you expected?

Last weeks' winner of the "extra point" for creativity goes to KEQ's stir-fry recipe.  Congrats!

Labels: