1. Go to the library
2. Head to a pet store to watch the fish (this is a 2 year old tested activity in our house!)
3. Spend time at the feed store when they get a shipment of baby chicks and bunnies. There is a certain little dude in my house who adores this activity.
4. Find a community center that offers playgroups. In Seattle when it's raining oh, about every freaking day, going to the park isn't always a possibility. There is a community center near my aunt's that offers 3 hours of play and activities for $3.
5. Cover your table with a sheet, unwrap cheap bars of soap and give you kiddos butter knives. We used to do this when it was pouring outside. Soap carving was the coolest thing when I was little!
6. Build a giant fort in the living room. Have a picnic in the fort.
7. Head in to a dark room with a flashlight. Shadow puppets!
8. Call up a friend with kids and invite them over/invite yourself over for a play date.
This has also been posted over at Frugal Tip Tuesdays.