Green Goddess dressing

From my fridge to your salad.

In honor of Jack's birthday, this week will be focused on foods I made for his birthday party last week.  I had multiple requests for various recipes, so I'll post one per day.

For the salad yesterday, I made my homemade ranch, Asian Sesame, and Green Goddess dressing.  For the Green Goddess, I stole this recipe from allrecipes.com but tweaked it to what I had on hand.  My version is below.

1/3 cup of white wine vinegar, plus a few splashes of apple cider vinegar
3 bunches of green onions finely diced
2 tsp of dried parsley (if you had fresh, use 1 bunch.  That is what will give it the "green" color)
2 tsp of anchovy paste
1/4 tsp of salt
Juice from 1/2 of a lemon
2 cups of mayo
1/2-1 tsp of tarragon

Mix in a container and allow the flavors to "marinate" for 24 hrs in the fridge.  Then try it and see if you need to tweak anything.

Labels: ,