Smoothie 2.0

Chocolate, banana, and peanut butter.  Mmmmmmm.

And spinach. 
Source
Whaaaaaaaa?

My latest "breakfast in a cup" incorporates some yummy and healthy things that mask the taste of some super healthy veggies.  My green hatin' son (excluding kiwi and avocado) drank a ton of this smoothie and said "yum, chocolate milkshake mommy".  SCORE!

Sarah's Protein Powerhouse veggie hiding Smoothie
1 banana sliced and frozen (I slice and put in the freezer the night before)
1/3 cup of organic milk or coconut milk
1 dollop of honey
1 fistful of raw spinach
1/3 cup of creamy peanut butter.  Why not try homemade?
1.5 tsp of good quality cocoa powder (I prefer dark chocolate)
1 tsp of chia seeds

Blend all ingredients until smooth.  I like to make this about 20 minutes before I leave for work, and then stick it in the freezer.  The chia seeds make the smoothie thicker the longer it sits, so it's great to let it "rest" for a bit, but don't wait too long before enjoying it!

This has been posted to Real Food Wednesdays.

Labels: