Amazing that something so tasty can come from a vegetable that resembles Grimace from McDonalds.
Sarah's Eggplant Parm (a Sarah original)
1 large eggplant
1.5 cups of panko breadcrumbs
1 tblsp of dried parsely
1/4 cup of shredded parmesan cheese
Pinch of salt
1/4 cup of milk
Butter. Lots of butter!
1) Slice your eggplant in to veggie "coins".
2) Put a thick towel on a cutting board, and salt the beejesus out of the eggplant.
3) Place another towel over the eggplant, and put something heavy on top for at least 30 minutes. Might I suggest my dirty bread box?
4) In a deep frying pan, melt at least a few tablespoons of butter over medium high heat.
5) Mix panko, parmesan, and parsley in a dish. Mix egg and milk in another dish. Dip eggplant in the egg/milk mixture and then dip in the panko mixture.
6) Pause for a few minutes because someone is saying "stop taking pictures of food mommy. Look what I can do"!!
6) Fry the eggplant in the butter for a few minutes on each side until browned and crispy.
7) Place eggplant over whole wheat spaghetti noodles and your sauce of choice (mine is homemade crockpot sauce for $5 for 15 servings. Recipe coming soon!). Top with a luscious slice of fresh mozzarella.
Labels: Main dishes