My crockpot spaghetti sauce

I have a friend who lives in Philly and for the longest time I thought she was super weird for serving gravy on her spaghetti.  It took me a while to realize that to some people "gravy" is spaghetti sauce.  So, you can call it gravy, or spaghetti, or red sauce, but whatever you call it, it's super easy to make and cheap to boot!

So, get ready to take notes, bust out your crockpot, and head to Costco (or BJ's or Sam's, or whatever you have).  Let's get started.

Crockpot spaghetti sauce (a Sarah original)
1 big ass can of crushed tomatoes (the big big big can!)
4 cans of organic diced tomatoes
4 cans of organic tomato paste
1 organic onion, diced
a big grip of diced parsley and basil (I got this from my garden, but you can use dried)
2 tblsp of dried oregano
1/4 cup of honey
salt and pepper to taste
garlic, garlic, and more garlic

Pour everything in the crockpot and cook on low for 6-8 hours.  Allow to cool completely, and divide in to freezer-proof containers.  I use freezer proof quart sized Ziplocs and get enough for 6 meals (dinner for 3 + 2 lunches for the next day).  You could freeze in pint canning jars as long as they're wide mouth.

Bon appetit!

Labels: , , , ,