This whole time I thought my tomatoes weren't ripe because the Pacific Northwest has been had a total of 300 minutes of temps above 80 degrees. How wrong I was!
No, my tomatoes aren't ripe yet, because they're all busy recovering from botched c-sections...
First tomato of the season!
Enjoyed as the world's tiniest caprese salad (accompanied by my dad's awesome grass-fed burger. I'm convinced he puts crack in his burgers because they're SO GOOD). I savored all 3 bites.
This summer, I'm fortunate enough to get my work week done in 4 days. It gives me Fridays off, which saves money in gas, and gives me more time at home with Jack. It also gives the hyper type-A portion of my brain an extra day for more projects. Cause I need more projects like Jack needs more energy.
To do's for this weekend
- Take Jack to the dentist
- Hit up the grocery store
- Hit up the fruit stand. Get new fruit and pay my fruit debt from last week. HA!
- Hit up Goodwill. Momma needs some more jars and pie pans for freezer food!
- Make granola. The recipe will be forthcoming
- Make more pesto
- Make mayo. If this doesn't taste like monkey butt, I'll share a recipe
- Make dilly beans. There will be a recipe. Oh yes, there will be a recipe
Sunday (a day
- Jack and I are going to hit up the Farmer's market for some fall starts. F'ing crows pulled out a ton of my seedlings. Fuckers.
- Hit up a park to ride the trains
- Make bread
- Make pizza dough for the freezer
- Make pretzel rolls
- Make fudge. Stole a recipe from a blog hop this week, and I can't wait to try it out
of rest for more projects)
What about you guys? What are you up to this weekend?
- Family dinner
- Finish up any projects that didn't get done on Friday or Saturday
- Clean bathrooms