Another super easy and cheap Christmas or Hanukkah present

Happy now Elaina?  I put the word Hanukkah in the title of a post.

A few months ago, I saw a recipe that called for lavender salt.  Lavender salt is reported to be wonderful on poultry and salads.  A quick search on a fancy pants foodie website showed lavender salt at $6 for 4 oz.  Yeah, no thanks.  I thought "how hard could it be to make lavender salt"?

NOT.HARD

Take salt.  And dried lavender.  And a jar.  And there you go.
Let it "marinate" for a few weeks to get that nice lavender flavor.

I didn't spring for fancy salt for this recipe, so this entire batch cost me $.39.  I use Real Salt at home, and get 26 oz of it for $5.90 from Azure Standard, but my order had yet to arrive, and I opted for the cheapo stuff.  The lavender is from my garden. 

I'm trying to figure out how to give it away as gifts.  I figure if I put them in cute little baggies, I'll look like a drug dealer.

I've shared this at Monday Mania, Frugal Tip Tuesday, Traditional Tuesdays, Fat Tuesdays, Pennywise Platter Thursdays, Simple Lives Thursdays, It's a Keeper Thursdays, and Fight Back Fridays.

Labels: ,