Meal plan for November 21st-27th & Soup recipe winner

Happy turkey (or tofurkey for my friend Anne) week to everyone!  I hope that this week finds you surrounded by loved ones and family.  Loved ones and family aren't always mutually exclusive, but I'm blessed that in my family, they are.

This week I'm doing only a bit of light cooking because I have a feeling that leftovers will abound!

Monday:: chicken and dumplings in the crockpot, and a side of fruit

Tuesday:: turkey, homemade pesto, and provolone paninis, roasted brussel sprouts, sweet potato fries, and a side of fruit

Wednesday::  pasta with browned butter, mzrythia cheese topped with herbed shrimp, salad, and a side of fruit

Thursday:: turkey day at my aunt's house!  I'm bringing my homemade rolls, dutch oven no knead bread, and flavored butters (honey and herb.  Separate of course).  If I have enough time Thanksgiving eve, I may also make a batch of pretzel rolls.  My brother in law and Troy will both be at dinner, so I need to do appropriate carb prep.

Friday:: I'm guessing leftovers

Saturday:: TDB depending on amount of leftovers.  If we're out of turkey, I'll make something simple like breakfast dinner.

Sunday:: family dinner at my parent's.  I always bring bread or dessert depending on the meal.

And now for the soup challenge recipe winner - Anonymous with the white bean and Italian Sauage soup!  It sounds delicious and I'm going to try to make it next week!

Thanks to all who participated!
Brussel sprouts, Jack's coconut milk, onion, organic (celery, carrots, bananas, spinach, kiwi, eggs), satsumas, avocado, matches, provolone, sliced turkey (natural), and horseradish cheddar (um, YUM), and rosemary from the bulk spices ($.18)
This week I spent $45.55 on groceries.  I also spent $3.50 on raw milk, and $53.81 at my local butcher stocking up on chicken breasts and bacon.  I probably won't need to go back for another month.

I do my grocery budget from the 25th to the 25th of the month, and since I won't be going to the grocery store again until after the 25th, I officially came in $57.39 under budget for the month.

In other news, it snowed yesterday!  We're the part of the county that never gets snow, and yet we're the only ones who got it!  It was probably 1/4 an inch and iced over before we could even get out there, but Jack still had fun!  And my garden looks so much better when you can't see the weeds.



I'm off to go tell a certain toddler to stop singing and just nap already.  And then to pull some no knead bread out of the oven to take to my parent's house for Sunday dinner.  I fancied it up this time, and put minced garlic, diced artichoke hearts in the dough, and will grate some mzrytha cheese over the top when it's done.  Yum.

Labels: ,