1) make cake
2) go down to Georgia
3) put his spin on eggs
I'm a deviled egg snob, and am very particular about the ones that I eat.
Sarah's Satan Eggs
12 eggs (eggs that aren't fresh tend to peel a little more easily)
2 tblsp of homemade mayo (I promise the recipe this week...)
1/4 scant tsp of sea salt. I really like Real Salt
1/2 tsp of dried tarragon
1/2 tsp of dried and minced chives
1/2 tsp of dried dill
Smoked paprika (oh come on, you knew it would make an appearance in this recipe)
1) Place 12 eggs in a large pot and cover with cold water.
2) Bring water to a rolling boil and allow to boil for 1 full minute.
4) Remove eggs from the pot and place in a bowl of cold water. Place in the fridge until thoroughly chilled.
5) Crack the eggs. I like to rinse them under running water to remove little bits of shell.
6) Carefully slice the eggs in half length-wise, and scoop the yolk out. A baby spoon seems to work the best for this. Set the white aside.
7) In a food processor, combine the yolks, mayo, and spices. Pulse until very smooth.
8) Scoop a little bit in to each egg white and sprinkle with paprika.
I've shared this with the peeps over at Real Food Wednesdays.