This may not be easy to hear...

...but I make better scrambled eggs than you.  Well, actually, since I believe in the 1% possibility, I'm 99% certain that I make better eggs than you do.

Do you need a moment to compose yourself?  Are you okay?  I know what you're going through right now.  I used to think I made pretty good eggs.  Then, I met Troy.  And then Troy invited me to his family's Christmas eve dinner and I tasted his mom's scrambled eggs.  And then I realized that my eggs were a huge pile of crap.  Thankfully, the woman who eventually became my mother-in-law shared her secret with me.  And today?  Today, I share with you.  The secret ingredient is hers, but the spices are all mine.

Mother-in-law eggies
Eggs (pastured preferred)- total number is your choice.  I do six when I'm making eggs for the three of us
1/8 tsp of dried dill
1/8-1/4 tsp lemon pepper
1/2 tsp dried chives
1 slice of cheddar cheese
Dollop of cream cheese (organic preferred)
Meat if desired (I either do bacon or sliced ham)

Start with a skillet.  Heat it empty for about 5 minutes over medium heat (my burners go from 1 to 10.  I make eggs on a 6).

While it's heating up, whisk your desired number of egg in a bowl, and add the spices.

Then, and this is the secret, put a dollop of cream cheese in the skillet (about 1 tblsp).  Let it sit there for about one minute.
I know, I know, teflon is a no no.  I got a new ceramic cast iron pan for Christmas, but it was back ordered
when these pictures were taken.
Add the whisked eggs.  Top with cheese and meat (if desired).
My advice for you when making scrambled eggs is the same advice that I would give to any new dad who is sitting at home expectantly when his wife comes home from her 6 week post partum check up - it's not ready yet.  Just leave it the fuck alone.  In other words, don't bother the eggs for a good long while.  I start to stir them when the eggs are separating from the pan.
See how the egg seems to be separating from the pan at the edges?  That is what you're looking for.
Give it one or two good stirs, turn the heat off, but keep the pan on the burner for another minute.
Eggs are delicious on their own (my dinner of choice when I'm working late and Jack eats at my aunt's), but are perfection served with home canned peaches and cherry chocolate scones.
So there you have it - the secret is a dollop of cream cheese and some tasty spices.  Please don't curse at the screen and yell "but Sarah, MY eggs are the best".  Please just make these first and then judge for yourself.  And then if I'm wrong and your eggs are still better, feel free to call me a bitch.

I've shared this with Traditional Tuesdays, and Fat Tuesdays.
Pin It

Labels: