A healthy fruit dip you'll love

You'll love it.  You know, cause it's Valentine's day.  Therefore, I'm contractually (blogtractually) obligated to say something about love.  The other day Troy said "what do you want to do for Valentine's Day"?  To which I responded "I don't give a shit about Valentine's Day".  To which Troy remarked "I sure lucked out in marrying such a lady".  At which point I burped.

Now that we've gotten that out of the way, let's talk about fruit dip!

I was searching for a fruit dip recipe last week pre-Super Bowl and everything I found included either a half or a full jar of marshmallow fluff.  Um...on fruit?  I took the best of many different recipes to create something that I could live with and live with serving people I care about.

Healthier fruit dip
1-1.5 cups of plain yogurt
2 tblsp of brown sugar (make your own!) or honey
dash of cinnamon
1.5 tsp of vanilla

Line a metal sieve with a coffee filter (I don't have a coffee pot, so I used 2 paper towels) and place it over a bowl.  Dump the yogurt in the liner.
Refrigerate it for a few hours, or until the yogurt is looking a big dried out.
Put the strained yogurt in a bowl, and add the sweetener, cinnamon, and vanilla.  Stir to combine.
Serve with sliced fruit!  This dip was crazy good - it tasted like a cream cheese dip.  It was also  stupidly easy.  I think I need to add a "stupidly easy" category my labels.
Homemade yogurt is lumpy.  It's a fact!
I've shared this over at: Fat Tuesdays, Frugal Tip Tuesdays, and Traditional Tuesdays.

Pin It

Labels: ,