Back in August, I told you how I had been making water kefir soda. It's been over ten months, and we're still loving the stuff. Rarely does "regular" pop come in to our house, and drinking this stuff saves us mucho dinero.
Today I wanted to talk about a few of my favorite flavors. This post is for my friend Ruth was quite enamored with the water kefir soda that she tasted at our house last Saturday.
Top 5 fav flavors of water kefir soda (in order of awesomeness)
1) Blackberry soda. Um. Yum. I get "Blackberry Crush" or something similar to that cheesy name at Trader Joes. It's a 100% juice blend of blackberry, pear, apple, and a few other flavors. Good stuff.
2) Mojito. Lime and mint. Nothing could be more refreshing in the middle of summer. The mint in my garden is currently hibernating, so I'll have to wait until later this year to enjoy this drink again.
3) Mango lemonade. If angels had tears, it would taste like this. We buy the organic mango lemonade from Trader Joes. It is 100% juice and deeeeeelightful!
4) Blueberry pomagranate. Also 100% juice from Trader Joes, and full of antioxidants and other good buzzwords.
5) Grape. Nothing too fancy here.
Do you make your own water kefir soda? If so, what is your favorite flavor? If no, why not? And Anne, please don't comment "because your hippy ass needs to come live with me and make it for me". I'm on to you ho.
I've shared this over at Frugal Fridays and Fight Back Fridays.