Sign up to receive my posts in your inbox. Daily fart jokes abound!

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

The best meal we've had in a long time

It all started with a loaf of bread.  And a pound of local asparagus.  And a strong desire not to cook.

We were at the Farmer's Market on Saturday and found "pizza" baguettes.  And it needed to get in to my mouth STAT.  I remembered a recipe I had seen earlier in the week, and decided to recreated it - "Sarah Style".

Cheesey Bruchsetta
1 baquette
4 cloves of garlic, finely minced
1/4 tsp dried basil
1/4 tsp dried parsley
1/4 tsp dried chives
salt and pepper to taste
Olive oil for dipping
2 tomatoes
Ricotta (homemade or store bought.  I actually used some homemade cottage cheese for this)

1) Preheat oven to 425 degrees.

2) Put the cheese in a mixing bowl.  Add the spices.  Mix.



3) Pour some olive oil in a plate.  Slice the baquette, and dip each piece of bread in the olive oil.  Place on a baking stone or baking sheet.

4) Top with the cheese mixture.
Leave a few without cheese for your picky ass kid.
5) Put in the oven for 5-10 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly.

6) Top with tomatoes prior to serving (because hot tomatoes are the work of the devil).
7) Resign yourself to never kissing your spouse again because your garlic breath is so stanky!

This was a great "meat-free" meal that left us super full and happy!  I also paired it with homemade hummus (recipe tomorrow).
Pin It

10 comments:

  1. This sounds wonderful!! Looks great, too.
    I love meatless meals that leave you satisfied.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM! I seriously need to make this NOW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So you made this w/ "healthy" cottage cheese and they were still good? I never thought of subbing ricotta for cottage!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cottage cheese and ricotta are the same thing - just heated at different temps. Little known fact! ;-D I use raw milk, so both the ricotta and cottage cheese are considered full fat.

      Delete
    2. The crazy world of dairy!! I love cottage cheese but not a fan of ricotta. weird! I'm going to try this with low fat cottage. Wish me luck!

      P.S. you are hilarious

      Delete
  4. Okay, I know this is an old post but I just found it!

    You speak the gospel when you say that "(because hot tomatoes are the work of the devil)"!!! Blech! I like tomato sauce, cooked tomatoes etc but just warming a slice or diced piece of tomato. I can't convey my disgust. Tomatoes in omelets? Tomatoes on grilled cheese? What is wrong with people????

    ReplyDelete
  5. Completely agree with you on the hot tomatoes and I can't wait to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look divine! Can't wait to make them!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me more excited than Jessie Spano on caffeine pills!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...