I am Lazy.
With a capital L.
It's true. I like making homemade things, but if it takes too long, or gets too complicated, I tend to throw in the towel and yell "this is stupid".
So, if you're like me, and still love egg rolls, this post is for you!
Lazy Lady Egg Rolls
-Egg roll wrappers
-1 bag of coleslaw mix (just the kind with the cabbage and carrots. Not the sauce too)
-1 small bowl of water
-Dipping sauce of your choice (you need the sauce. Most egg rolls have "cooked" innards that are flavored already. These aren't. Because they're Lazy Lady Egg Rolls (remember?). So you need the sauce to add flavor that is missing from the "insides".)
1) Lay out 1 egg roll wrapper on a flat surface.
2) Put a small amount of the cabbage mixture in the middle.
3) Fold the ends over the mixture.
4) Starting at one of the long ends, roll the wrapper up and over the folded ends.
5) When you come to the end of the wrap, put it over the wrapper.
6) Wet your finger in the bowl of water, and "paint" the seam closed.
If you're going to serve these right away, heat a cast iron skillet over medium heat for about 5 minutes. Then add enough oil (I use coconut) to cover the bottom of the skillet. Place the egg roll "seam side" down in the oil.
|Turns out if you freeze egg rolls and then let them thaw completely, they flatten out and resemble a 100 year old man's scrot...nevermind. But I was too lazy to remake these just for a nice photo.|
|This is the only sweet chili sauce I can find in my podunk town that doesn't have HFCS in it. It's quite tasty, and I encourage you to seek it out! Avoid anything that says "Restaurant Style Sweet and Sour". It's way too sweet and fakey.|