This side dish is stupidly easy, and comes together wickedly fast.
And you don't have to wash the dish. Did I mention that already?
-Potatoes (duh) - however many you'd like. Organic if possible
-1 tsp of dried parsley
-salt and pepper to taste
-1/8 tsp dried dill
-6 (yes 6) cloves of garlic
-2 tblsp olive oil, plus a bit more to coat the skillet
-1/4 tsp dried chives
-sprinkle of smoked paprika (less than 1/8 tsp. Literally, just a sprinkle)
1) Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Put your cast iron skillet in the oven while preheating.
2) I cut the potatoes and garlic up on the weekend to make dinner a faster affair during the week.
3) In your tub, or a mixing bowl, add the spices and 2 tblsp of olive oil. If using a lidded container, put the lid on and shake (told you these were lazy potatoes). If using a mixing bowl, mix with a spoon.
4) When the oven is hot, carefully remove the skillet and drizzle a little olive oil on the pan. Swirl to coat the bottom. Add the spuds, give them a stir, and then put them back in the oven for 11 minutes.
5) At 11 minutes, give them a stir, and put them back in for another 10-15 depending on how crispy you prefer them. You can also blast them with a broiler for the last minute or two to get them really crispy!
|Some asparagus I had roasted the night before was hitching a ride in the last 5 minutes to heat up.|