Meal plan for May 7th-May 13th

I'm taking it super easy with meals this week.  I have a very big and very fun craft project that I'm going to be spending a ton of time on over the next few days, so I wanted limited prep and clean up meals.

Here is what we're shoving in our food holes this week:

Monday::  Reubens with coleslaw instead of sauerkraut (barf), salad from the garden, and fruit.  For the rye bread, I make no knead dutch oven bread and substitute 1 cup of normal flour for 1 cup of rye flour (I buy it in bulk and it's like $.50 for that cup).

Tuesday:: Working late.  Jack will eat at my aunt's.  Troy and I will have leftovers or eggs.

Wednesday:: Salmon cakes (we can't get enough of these!), salad from the garden, and fruit. 

Thursday:: Easy peasy frittata, and fruit.

Friday:: Popcorn and fruit.

Saturday:: Freezer soup, paninis, salad from the garden, and fruit.

Sunday:: Dinner at my parent's!

This week I spent $36.66 on groceries.  Someone asked me how do I keep my food bill so low, and I said "I don't buy food - I buy ingredients".  Buying the basic building blocks of dishes makes life delicious and cheap!

I forgot to take a picture, but I bought:
In other awesome news, I filled up my "new" car today for $29.40!!!  We did a TON of driving for two big events this week - easily an extra 100+ miles) and I still had 1/4th of a tank left.  My dash gauge said I got 41.9 mpg, but when I manually did the math, it was 43.9 mpg.  In my old car, I would have easily had to fill up twice this week.

Labels: