"Grilled" feta stuffed plum tomatoes

Just the title alone sounds so fancy that I feel like I should be wearing a monocle while writing this post.  My pinkie is most decidedly out!

The good news is that I'm most certainly NOT fancy, so I've decided to "grace" the common people's presence with this recipe.

Someone in the film industry that Troy used to work with up here in Seattle, moved to Los Angeles about a year before we did.  When we first got to the city, he invited us over for a BBQ.  For anyone who knows LA, we were living in Century City and he lived in Tuluca Lake.  You can imagine the fun we had trying to find that place...

When we got to his apartment, he was outside grilling, and the smells coming from the grill were intoxicating.  A few minutes of anticipation revealed these beauties in all of their caramelized and cheesy glory.

Today, you can make these on the grill, or just be lazy and pop them in the oven for a few minutes.  The smell of them cooking always brings me back to being a person in a new city, and the comfort I felt by eating dinner with someone who came from the same place that I did.

And of course the comfort that cheese brings.  Cheese and are I likethisson.

"Grilled" feta stuff plum tomatoes
Plum or grape tomatoes, halved
Feta, or other salty cheese

1) Set your oven to broil.  If you get a choice between "lo" and "high" broil, choose high.
2) Cut your tomatoes in half, and scoop out the insides.
3) Place the tomatoes on a baking sheet (parchment paper makes the clean up much easier!).
4) Fill with your cheese of choice.
5) Broil for 3-5 minutes.  Watch closely!

6) Enjoy.  Yep, that's it.  Six steps, and two involved turning on an oven and eating the food.

PS, if you end up grilling these, you'll of course need a grill pan since these tiny little maters' would just fall between the grill wire things.  They're called wire things right?  I don't grill.
Pin It