Review: Ambrosia Candies

Melissa from Ambrosia Candies contacted me a few weeks ago about reviewing her homemade soft peanut brittle.  The recipe has been passed down from her grandmother, and is gluten, dairy, cholesterol, and preservative-free; phew!

The brittle arrived quickly, and not a moment too soon, for the PMS monster was raging in my house.  This delicious brittle kept Troy and Jack from being sold to gypsies, so in my opinion, it's a huge win for everyone involved!

So that I would have multiple unbiased sources, I had the boys try it too.  Troy described the taste as "awesome old timey candy", and Jack just said "more please mommy".  I had to hide it to keep their grubby mitts out of it.

Want to get your own sample?  Melissa is generously offering one of my readers a $20 gift certificate (shipping included in that total) to pick their own yummies from her shopTo enter, leave a comment telling me which delicious candy you'd like to try from Melissa's shop (hint: do NOT look at her Etsy shop with a 3 year old looking over your shoulder), and a way to contact you.  If I can't contact you, you can't win!  You can leave a comment and then email me your contact info if you don't want it out there on the interwebs.

Winners will be drawn on Monday the 20th using random.org in the morning

If you don't win, there are still opportunities for you to get your own sweet haul from Ambrosia Candies!  Melissa is also offering readers 20% off of their first purchase on her site.  Please use BEINGFRUGAL at checkout for your own savings. 

And check her out on Facebook at www.facebook.com/ambrosiacandies

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to head down to the garage to my super secret candy hiding place to finish this off.