We're going to need a bigger pitter

We picked up our first order of the fruit co-op we joined in spring.  It was 96 pounds of organic produce for something like $167.  I, being the genius that I am, ordered 2 shares.  Other drops during the summer will be apples, pears, and peaches.

"These ALL for ME mommy"?
I brought home 36 pounds of cherries on Wednesday, and let's just say, I'm going to have a super exciting weekend.  I've given away 9 pounds to neighbors and family, but it's more of them doing me a favor.  I have one small hand pitter.  It's going to be a long week.  I'm going to get pitting-itis.  My hand will look like a claw by Sunday.

My plan of attack:
-cherry jam/preserves (canned)
-cherry fruit leather
-pints of whole (pitted) cherries that I will can and then put on the shelf and figure out what the hell to do with them some time in January.

To keep all my effort from being in vain (well, I guess all the canned goodness is worth the effort), I'm using the pits as mulch in the garden.

So...who wants to help?  I'll pay you in cherries.
Pin It