Guest post: vinegar instead of Jet Dry or other dishwasher rinse aids.

Hey everyone, today I have a guest post from Wendy!  I hope you enjoy it.  This is a trick I use myself all the time and love it!

I love a clean house and pride myself on that.  I'm pretty sure most people would call me a nerd, but I take it as a compliment. :)  I changed my dish soap and dishwasher detergent to more natural products.  I was pretty darn proud of myself!  Then one day I went to fill my rinse aid compartment with Jet Dry and thought "WHAT the heck am I doing?!"  I'm taking great pride in all of my efforts and I was about to fill my dishwasher with unwanted chemicals.  Who would do such a thing?  The answer...me.

After a quick Google search I discovered that white vinegar can be used as a rinse aid.  I was a little skeptical at first because my husband hates the smell of vinegar, but I threw caution to the wind.  You know what?  My dishes looked awesome, no spots, and most importantly....no vinegar smell.  Score! 

After 3 years of doing this I am proud to say that I still use vinegar as my rinse aid.  Jet Dry, who?  Not only is the vinegar a more natural option, but it is a whole lot cheaper.

Let's do a little cost comparison*:

       *Prices at my regional grocery store.

The cost alone sounds like a win to me!  Plus you can use the vinegar in so many other ways.  The only downfall I have found (a very minor one) is that you will need to fill the compartment about twice as often.  I'm assuming that is because Jet Dry is a gel and the vinegar is a liquid and more comes out in the cycle.  I feel that is minor.

Next time you need to fill your rinse aid compartment I dare you to try vinegar.  Not only is it safe and simple, but it is frugal. 
Bio: My name is Wendy and I have been married to my husband Tim for just over 6 years.  About 4 years ago I decided we needed to take the processed junk out of our lives.  It has been a slow process, but I feel good about where we are today. 

I'm the blogger of Blissful Firefly Lane and a Shaklee Independent Distributor.  When I'm not busy with my business I love reading, cooking, cleaning, watching sports, and going on walks.