A title like that gives me a chick boner.
This is a great appetizer that takes very little hands on time. I'm all for the lazy hors d'oeuvres that look fancy, but don't take much effort on my part. And don't think that brie is a hoity toity cheese; I bought this wedge at Trader Joes for $3.65.
Roasted Garlic Brie in Puff Pastry
-1 frozen puff pastry (yes yes, I bought the frozen kind) thawed
-1 wedge of brie
-2 heads of garlic
1) Cut the top off the heads of garlic, and place in an oven-proof bowl lined with foil.
2) Drizzle olive oil over the top - about 1/2 tsp or so.
|From my garden!|
3) Bake for 35 minutes at 400 degrees. Let cool for about 25 minutes.
4) Lay out your puff pastry, and place the wedge of brie in the middle.
5) Squeeze the garlic bulbs over the cheese until the individual cloves come out.
6) Fold one side over.
Then the back.
Then the other side.
Then the front.
It kind of looks like a dude's bulge in Speedos, but you'll be able to get past that.
Bake at 400 degrees for 25 minutes. Let sit for 15 minutes, and then serve with crackers.
Oh, and Speedo bulge. Just in case you forgot.