Heads up, there are plenty of affiliate links in this post, but all links are things I truly love myself and would gift to my own friends. Well, not my friends because none of them would love this shit, but you get the idea. Scroll to the bottom for a kick ass giveaway!
Need last minute gifts for the hippy or nerd in your life? Don't worry, your Fairy Dorkmother (me) is here to help.
Inexpensive - under $20
Medium priced - $30 ish
- Microplane grater. I use this thing weekly and love it!
- Lamb. This book about the "real" story of Jesus Christ, as told by his best friend Biff, made me almost pee my pants.
- At Home. This book makes dorks so very happy. It sounds lame, but it is fascinating. It's the history of how every room in a house came to be. I know, boring right? NOPE. So good.
- Cowboy and Octopus. Hands down, one of the weirdest kids books ever. Troy and I fight to read this one to Jack.
- DIY kid's food pouches. We fill this with applesauce for church. Pouring applesquish in my kid's food hole keeps him occupied.
- The Homemade Pantry. Love this cookbook so hard.
- Press Here. This kids book is so fun!
- Apple peeler/corer thing-a-ma-jing. Makes processing 2 or 200 apples a cinch.
Eh, starting to make my wallet sweat - under $75
Ack, my mother-in-law is a hag and I'm desperate for her approval, so I'm willing to spend the money:
- Dutch oven. You NEED one. I can't remember my life before Dutchie and Little Sprout came in to my life.
- Yogurt maker. This little dude has paid for itself tenfold. Well, it was a gift, so I guess it paid for itself as soon as I opened the package. I love it!
- Large crockpot. For the life of me, I can't understand why people don't have one! I use mine weekly.
- Good knives. We got a set similar to this for our wedding over 8 years ago, and I use them daily. Thanks Auntie Lulu and Uncle John!
- My pressure canner! It expanded my canning potential so much.
I made a lot of homemade presents this year, but I still love to gift some of my store-bought favorite items to people I love. Like you knuckleheads. Let's do a giveaway, shall we?
- Grain mill. Expensive upfront costs that pays for itself fairly quickly.
- Mixer. My life was incomplete without her in it.
- Food processor. So many of my "make it yourself" recipes start with this bad boy.
- Reel mower. Cut the gasoline addiction and get a workout at the same time. This baby has one speed - you.
Soooooo...in the comments tell me your hands down "I'd go back in a burning building to grab this" kitchen or house tool, and I'll draw a lucky winner next Wednesday at noon to win an immersion blender. US residents only; sorry other dudes!
Edited to add: PLEASE leave an email address or a blog link so that I can find you if you're the big winner!