Homemade Ramen - aka the perfect meal for when your husband's mangina is infected

So family dinner at my parent's was cancelled on Sunday.  All of the sudden, I had an extra meal to plan.  Troy and I both had an allergy attack or something (I refuse to admit to being sick because I don't allow myself to get sick), and it was a "rode hard, put away wet" kind of situation.  Both of us were hurting.

One of us was barely able to sit on the couch without falling asleep.

One of us had to prepare meals, keep the house running, and wrangle the rug rat.

I'll allow you to make the assumption on who would be whom in this situation.

What we needed was a quick meal that was delicious, nourishing, and easy enough to throw together.  We needed some ramen.  But we didn't need the 2,700 mg of sodium.

Homemade Ramen
-Chicken broth (try homemade)
-2 green onions, diced
-1 tsp sesame oil
-1/2 tsp soy sauce
-Noodles of choice.  I used something called "Somen".
-Cooked meat if desired

1) In a pot, bring your chicken broth to a boil.  Add the soy sauce and sesame oil.  Then the noodles.  Cook for 3 minutes for "al dente" noodles, or 4 minutes for a more thoroughly cooked noodle.

2) Meanwhile, slice your green onions and meat.
3) Pour your soup in a bowl, and top with green onions, and meat (if desired).

Now, I can guarantee this is a 10 minute healthy meal that you'll love and will warm your body and fill your belly.  I cannot guarantee that this will stop your husband from whining and sleeping until 10 am.

This is soup.  It's not a miracle.

Pin It

Labels: ,