The whirlpool

I still don't know what I was waiting for, and my time was running wild. 
David Bowie

I sure wish I knew what you were looking for.  Might have known what you would find.  
Eric Church

If you knew either of those were song lyrics without needing to be told, please assign yourself two cool points.

"But how can anything you like be worth cool points Sarah", you are currently asking yourself.

Touché


I started ye olde blog in 2010 to just share a few ideas with others to help them lead a good life at a lower price point.  I didn't have a real direction or big plans - it just was a hobby.

I eked away at that for a year or so, and then things picked up a tad, and I cleared the "100 follower" hurdle.  Still very much a hobby, but I started thinking bigger.

Then things went from fast to furious (dropping Vin Diesel movie references?  Oh yes, I went there) almost overnight last March.  A post I had written brought a lot of new traffic to my blog, and many of those people stuck around (thank you!).

This blog takes up more and more of my limited spare time these days.  Please note, I am not complaining about this - just stating a fact.  It's fun, I enjoy it, and I get to meet some awesome people like you knuckleheads.

And even with all the time spent here, I feel like I am doing everything half-assed. I feel like no one is getting the best version of me.  It takes me forever to respond to emails, I'd love to actually learn how to properly use my camera, and I haven't done nearly all the cool things on this site I have planned in my head.

Being pulled in so many directions away from my family and this page leaves me lacking in other aspects of my life.  I hate it. I hate the routine of it all.  I hate that I have to wake my kid up so early to leave for work and that I'm always rushing him around and having to juggle an insane color-coded schedule (no lie) to make sure I have spawn coverage because I'm always fucking working late, and my husband is always gone.

Let's recap: I HATE IT.

A day or so after Jack recovered from a recent bout with a fever and feeling poorly, I had to wake his little ass up early to leave the house.  He looked at me from his cozy bed and said "I'm too tired to go anywhere mommy".  And you know what?  So was I.  I'm sick and tired of bags under my eyes, and feeling like my head weights 6,212 pounds (approximately).  I drove to work that morning feeling like I was trying to scream under water.  It was like treading water in Jell-o.

I don't believe in making resolutions.

I don't believe in hokey crap like "The Secret."

I don't believe in putting things "out in to the universe."

What I do believe in, after years of being a giant dumbass, is that "ain't shit getting done without the assistance of others."

So, here we go.  I'm asking for help.  I'm asking you to help me achieve what I'm calling "the next steps."  The "next steps" aren't 100% defined (go me), but they all lead to an end goal - for this blog to be my full-time job. I'm not sure if I'm cut out to stay at home, but dammit, I'd love to try.

People ask "what do you want to be when you grow up" and I never have a legitimate answer, because I feel like they'd scoff if I told them the truth.

This.

This is what I want to be when I grow up.

How can you help?
  1. Suggest things that you want to read more about!  This will help me generate ideas that I know you'll enjoy.
  2. Send your friends.  Like something I've written?  Share it with someone you think will enjoy it, link it on Facebook, etc.
  3. Do you have an Etsy site, business, etc. that you think is a good match for my readers?  My advertising rates are stupidly low, so shoot me an email and we can discuss ideas, details, options, etc.
  4. Send happy thoughts if all else fails.
I don't know what will happen, but I'll keep on trucking.  I hope you want to come along for the ride!

Labels: ,