Have you ever had the delicious Cheddar Bay biscuits that are free (yee haw) when you dine at Red Lobster? My visits to Red Lobster are very few and far between, but I could eat the crap out of those biscuits if given the chance.
You shouldn't have to shell out money to eat mediocre food (but excellent biscuits) by dining out. Making them at home is healthier, cheaper, and oh so delicious.
Also, where exactly is Cheddar Bay? Cause I want to go there.
Whole Wheat Red Lobster Biscuits
1 1/2 cups of whole wheat flour (if given the option, buy "pastry")
2 tblsp vital wheat gluten
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cream of tartar
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/3 cup powdered milk
3/4 tsp garlic powder
1 1/2 cup finely grated cheddar cheese
1/2 tsp parsley flakes
3 generous tblsp butter, melted
3/4 cup milk
1) Preheat the oven to 430 degrees.
2) Mix the dry ingredients to combine.
3) Add the cheese, parsley flakes, melted butter, and milk. Stir to combine. You want this thick and "craggy". The mixture should be able to stick to a spoon when held sideways.
4) Make balls (hee hee) with the dough, and drop on a parchment lined baking sheet.
5) Bake for 11 minutes. No more, no less!
Allow to cool a bit, and serve with a sensible dinner. Or...just put one in each hand, sit on the floor, and eat yourself stupid.
No judgement from me.
Labels: Appetizers, Breads, Don't be a lazy ass - make it yourself