Four. Seasons.

I was driving home the other day, and the scenery overwhelmed me.  The spring in the Pacific Northwest can easily take your breath away.  The flowering cherry and plum trees are so gorgeous with their pink, white, and purple flowers, that it is almost gratuitous.  The dogwood tree flowers (for about 20 years, I thought they were called "tulip trees") are blooming, and tulips and daffodils are screaming to be noticed.

Springtime in Seattle almost hurts my heart.  It is so beautiful that I always want it to stay like this.  I want things to always be new, and sunny, and perfect.

But then, then summer comes.  We can be outside all the time, the garden is blooming, and there are adventures to be had.

After a time, the garden wears everyone out, a break is needed from the hot house with no air conditioning, and the cost of natural sunscreen has caused you to sell a pint of blood.

Fall comes to bring some blessed relief.  The leaves are vibrant, and air is crisp, and pumpkin and cinnamon are included in every single meal.  Christmas and the holiday season are so much fun with family, food, and presents.

Until, there comes a time when you need a break from merriment, egg nog, and the constant go go go.  Winter shows her face to give you that precious time to regroup, stay inside, snuggle, and sip cocoa.

So basically, I love every season when I'm living it, and I always wish for a magical remote control to press pause so I can just live in that moment a little bit longer.

Some how, my remote is is on fast forward, because today this little guy turns four.
I'm not the mom who weeps whenever I pack up Jack's old clothes.  I don't get teary-eyed when I find a pair of his little shoes in the closet.  I get excited for new moments, the different times of
childhood.  No matter how hard things are at a certain time, I know the beauty of another season is right around the corner.

Spring
 Summer

Fall
Winter (snuggle season)
Happy fourth Birthday love.