The lovely Mitchell from The Homegrown Collective contacted me about giving away one of the April boxes "We All Started Someplace".
So, today, I have the sincere pleasure of offering one reader the chance to have the April collective box sent right to their house. Let me tell you a bit more about what the lucky winner will receive!
"We all started someplace", a reference to the
magical nature of the SCOBY Kombucha "starter". A S.C.O.B.Y. is a
Symbiotic Culture OF Bacteria and Yeast. A simple natural fermented aged
culture, made with pure water, sugar and black or green tea. According to
Traditional Chinese Medicine, Kombucha tea was referred to as the Tea of
Immortality and the elixir of life. (Tsing Dynasty, China 250 BC)
Kombucha balances the Middle Qi (Spleen and Stomach). By aiding the stomach to
better digest food and by assisting the spleen to deliver more nutrition, the
body heals itself. Of course we just think it tastes great and is too expensive
in the stores not to have the tools to make it yourselves - plus, #homegrown
#tastesbetter!!!!) So in this months GREENBOX we provide you everything you
need to make your own Kombucha at home.
1/2 Gallon Ball Jar
An Amazing SCOBY
- Relaxation & Meditation
- Health Fusion Immune Boost
the fixins (cloth covers, PH sticks, rubber bands, reusable muslin tea bags)
|Hippy eye porn|
So, how do you win?
1) Leave a comment and for the love of god, please include your email address or a way to get in touch with you!
2) In the comment, I desperately need you to tell me your favorite movie, and also the worst movie you've ever seen. What does this information have to do with Kombucha? Nothing. But, it will entertain me as I stay up late working on Jack's birthday present.
3) I'll draw the winner Monday night at 8 pm PT, and will announce it here and on Facebook.
4) Sorry non-U.S. peeps, but this is open to United States residents only.