Grilled garlic shrimp skewers

LoSalt recently sent me some of their product to try.   Normally, I use sea salt in my cooking, but I thought it was worth a shot.  The taste was exactly like typical salt, and I didn't notice any difference in the flavor of the finished product. 

I will probably continue to use sea salt in my cooking, but LoSalt is a great alternative for someone who is on a low-sodium diet, or is looking for an alternative.

Every Fourth of July, my in-laws make grilled shrimp skewers.

Every Fourth of July, the cousins enter in to a cross between Mad Max, The Hunger Games, and Battle Royale to make sure they get the majority of the skewers. 

Cause they're that good.

Thankfully, my fabulous in-laws were willing to share their "recipe" with me.  They cook like I cook - it's hard to quantify measurements, when you yourself do not measure.

Grilled Garlic Shrimp Skewers
1 lb of shrimp, rinsed (increase quantity if you're serving a crowd).  Type is your choice, but I prefer already cooked
very scant 1/4 cup of olive oil
2 tblsp butter, melted
5 (yes 5) cloves of garlic, minced
1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
1/4 tsp LoSalt* 
Wooden or metal skewers

1) If using wooden skewers, soak in water for at least 1 hour prior to using.

2) In a bowl, mix the olive oil, butter, garlic, and red pepper flakes.  Add the shrimp, and stir to coat.  Marinate for 30 ish minutes.

3) Put 5-7 on the skewers.  Set aside.

4) Grease the grill rack, and BBQ at about 375 degrees until the shrimp are cooked through.

5) Wait for the shrimp to cool a bit, then eat yourself stupid!

I was not financially compensated for this recipe.  I received a sample of the product, and that is it.