I posted some confessions last month, and you knuckleheads seemed to enjoy them. I thought perhaps I might do some more. Would yah like that?
Also, I LOVE reading yours, so make sure you add your own in the comments!
1) I rarely remember my mom raising her voice at us growing up. She taught kindergarten - third grade for over 20 years, so really, I think she was a bit of cheater. She went to school to learn how to deal with kids. I don't have that education, and it shows.
Last week, I bribed Jack with a chocolate covered raisin to just "omg, shut up and sit still for ONE MINUTE. JUST ONE MINUTE".
He couldn't do it.
2) Until I was 25, I thought the ZZ Top song "Sharp Dressed Man" was "Shy Best Man". Sing those words the next time you hear this song. You'll get it.
3) I love clean and healthy food. Except, when I'm at Costco. At Costco, I'll eat the shit out of some GMO, HFCS, red dye 10 samples. Gogurt? Don't mind if I do. Philly cheesesteak? Yes please! A tiny cup of artificially flavored sparkling sugar water? :glug glug:
4) Most of the time, I run the dishwasher the night before Troy has a day off. That way, when he gets home, he'll unload it. Unloading the dishwasher is my least favorite household chore EVER.
5) The other day, Troy and I were in the yard because I was getting ready to mow. He offered to do it, but I said I'd be happy to. It's the old school push mower and it's quite the workout. He said he could do it faster than me. I said "is that because my brain and hands are tiny and my period attracts bears"? He walked away to me yelling "my period attracts bears" again, and I know my weird neighbor heard me. I have yet to meet the dude's eye since then.
6) I blog about things that I don't always tell Troy. Then I get annoyed with him that he doesn't know about it, because dude, read my blog. I never see you, and I hate talking on the phone; subscribe to my feed, and then you'll know the haps, m'kay?
7) I do my absolute best to be ready for zombie attacks and the grid going down. However, we had a lot of wind last night, and the power went off. It was around 8 pm, and I was finally getting a chance to cook myself dinner after a late night at work, working out, and cleaning out the chicken coop.
A legit prepper would have been set. I on the other hand, almost cried because I was cooking some lumpia and I just wanted to freaking eat already. I ended the night on the couch reading (it stays light enough to read until about 9:15 pm ish during the summer in Seattle) a book and eating chips and salsa.
Care to share some confessions of your own? I promise getting things off of your chest is freeing!