Confessions, June

I posted some confessions last month, and you knuckleheads seemed to enjoy them.  I thought perhaps I might do some more.  Would yah like that?

Also, I LOVE reading yours, so make sure you add your own in the comments!

1) I rarely remember my mom raising her voice at us growing up.  She taught kindergarten - third grade for over 20 years, so really, I think she was a bit of cheater.  She went to school to learn how to deal with kids.  I don't have that education, and it shows.

Last week, I bribed Jack with a chocolate covered raisin to just "omg, shut up and sit still for ONE MINUTE.  JUST ONE MINUTE".

He couldn't do it.

2) Until I was 25, I thought the ZZ Top song "Sharp Dressed Man" was "Shy Best Man".  Sing those words the next time you hear this song.  You'll get it.

3) I love clean and healthy food.  Except, when I'm at Costco.  At Costco, I'll eat the shit out of some GMO, HFCS, red dye 10 samples.  Gogurt?  Don't mind if I do.  Philly cheesesteak?  Yes please!  A tiny cup of artificially flavored sparkling sugar water?  :glug glug:

4) Most of the time, I run the dishwasher the night before Troy has a day off.  That way, when he gets home, he'll unload it.  Unloading the dishwasher is my least favorite household chore EVER.

5) The other day, Troy and I were in the yard because I was getting ready to mow.  He offered to do it, but I said I'd be happy to.  It's the old school push mower and it's quite the workout.  He said he could do it faster than me.  I said "is that because my brain and hands are tiny and my period attracts bears"?  He walked away to me yelling "my period attracts bears" again, and I know my weird neighbor heard me.  I have yet to meet the dude's eye since then.

6) I blog about things that I don't always tell Troy.  Then I get annoyed with him that he doesn't know about it, because dude, read my blog.  I never see you, and I hate talking on the phone; subscribe to my feed, and then you'll know the haps, m'kay?

7) I do my absolute best to be ready for zombie attacks and the grid going down.  However, we had a lot of wind last night, and the power went off.  It was around 8 pm, and I was finally getting a chance to cook myself dinner after a late night at work, working out, and cleaning out the chicken coop.

A legit prepper would have been set.  I on the other hand, almost cried because I was cooking some lumpia and I just wanted to freaking eat already.  I ended the night on the couch reading (it stays light enough to read until about 9:15 pm ish during the summer in Seattle) a book and eating chips and salsa.

Shameful.

Care to share some confessions of your own?  I promise getting things off of your chest is freeing!

Labels: