Meal plan for April 7th - 13th

At 6 am tomorrow morning, I'll be making like Peter, Paul, and Mary, and leaving on a jet plane.  I'm headed to Nashville for a conference for a few days, which means my boys will be home alone.  I'm anticipating chaos, fun, and a mild level of filth upon my return.  God willing, the chickens and seedlings will all be alive.

Therefore, there will be no formal meal plan this week, because it would just be a waste of my time.  They're not going to follow it, and putting "asparagus" on the calendar would only mean I was being mocked 4,000 miles away.

I made them pizza for the freezer, left some cut up carrots, and will just pray for the best.

Yesterday was a really big day for me.

You know how you work really hard for a long time, and are finally recognized for all of that work?  Well, that was yesterday for yours truly.

I was surprised and honored to find that I had been awarded something that turned out to be a big deal.  I won the world's tallest trophy, for building the world's "most awesomest jet pack mommy".

:tear:

There are so many people I'd like to thank for this, but really, god is at the top of the list.  And my friend Anne, who sent Jack a bunch of Legos for his fifth birthday.

This week also found our sun porch getting completely torn down in preparation for the upcoming remodel (my parents, aka the gimps are moving in).  The demo people accidentally busted a sewer pipe, so that was awesome.  Everything appears fixed now thankfully.  With the sun porch getting torn down, the deck off of our bedroom seems super stable, right?

Anyone want to come over and have a spring deck party?  Wheeee!

I do not do well with clutter, things being up in the air, or things taking a long time.  I will yell at a microwave to hurry up.  This remodel is already making me twitch just slightly.  I know it will be worth it, and I know it will be awesome in the end, but the process itself is going to lead me to drinking.

Wishing you all a joyful and productive week.  And if you are in the neighborhood, please stop by and make sure my boys are wearing clean underwear.  Or even just underwear.

Labels: