Yesterday was waffle. Hopefully today will be butter

^that is what you get when you ask your spouse who's mouth is full of ice cream to "quick, think up a clever title with the word waffle in it".  He's taken ladies.  He's alllllllll mine.

So, ordinarily, little man Jack is not a fan of waffles.  Let's add that to the list of traditional toddler things my weird child won't eat (ketchup, ranch, fries, etc.).  But, on Sunday morning I really wanted waffles and that's that.

I pulled out an old recipe that I found months ago online.  I suck and don't have the source, but I did edit it up enough that I only feel partially guilty about it.

Even MY kid likes these waffles
1.5 cups of whole wheat flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 tbsp of vanilla sugar
2 tsp of homemade vanilla
1 egg
1.5 cups of milk (you can use coconut milk for dairy free peeps)
1/3 cup of melted coconut oil

Combine the dry ingredients, and then add in the egg, vanilla extract, egg, milk, and oil.  Mix, but do not over mix.   Instructions like that always kind of annoy me.  You never know you've over mixed until you've already over mixed it.

Add about 1/3-1/2 cup to your waffle iron and cook until it's, um, done.  Serve with real maple syrup, or something special.  We love it with homemade blackberry syrup.
This is the only photo I got.  I gave Jack his waffle quarter and said "hold on, mommy needs to go get her camera".  Came back to this.
The plastic pizza and potato chip are his current scoops of choice for eating applesauce.  Yep.  For reals.
I've shared this over at Pennywise PlatterThursday, Simple Lives Thursdays, and It's a Keeper Thursdays

Labels: