I have no one to kiss at midnight. And I couldn't be happier.

Troy was supposed to be off tonight, but due to some schedule rearranging, it looks like he is away when the clock will strike midnight.  And I'm ok with that.  Really.  I promise.

Why am I content to be alone tonight?  Because it means that my husband is working.  Something 2010 Sarah was praying for constantly.  It would be wrong for me to be upset that something I wished and hoped for had come true.  So, I'm content.  I'm thankful.  I'm lucky.  I'm grateful.  And most importantly, I'm blessed. ****


Last year, I couldn't wait for 2010 to be over because I was so over 2010.  I was miserable in 2010.  2011 has been a better year for us in so many ways, but I think the most important improvement this year was simply my attitude.  Looking at life differently has helped me these past 12 months.

In some ways, I want to go back in time and tell 2010 me that things WILL GET BETTER.  But in other ways I'm glad that I can't go back and give 2010 me the details.  Because sometimes the journey and the experiences are more important than the results.  And 2010 me needs the down times to appreciate the great times that are headed our way.

I have some fun things planned for you guys for 2012, and I'm thankful that many (hopefully most!) of you are planning to stick around to see what the next chapter brings me/us!  May the best of 2011 be the worst of 2012 for everyone out there in blog land.

****And I also have Nutella cookies that I made.  And you bet your sweet ass that I'll be posting the recipe soon.