Meal plan for June 4th - June 10th

Good morning!  This weekend feels like it went so quickly!  I was gone all day yesterday at the Mother Earth News Fair, and I had such a great time with my sister, aunt, and uncle.  I can't wait to go back next year.

Since I was gone so long yesterday, I missed out on my normal "weekly prep" opportunity, thus my meal plan seems extra simple for this week!  Here is what we'll be chowing down on over the next few days.

Monday:: roast chicken (roasting it tonight and we'll heat it up for dinner tomorrow), lazy lady skillet potatoes, artichokes with garlic aioli, and fruit.

Tuesday:: Chicken taco salads (with leftover chicken and homemade taco seasoning), fruit, and Spanish rice in the rice cooker (recipe hopefully coming this week).

Wednesday:: Troy is making burgers (yay) and we'll serve them on homemade buns.  Pair with grilled asparagus, coleslaw, and fruit.

Thursday:: Crockpot lentil soup, overnight rolls (new recipe), grilled asparagus, and fruit.

Friday:: Popcorn, carrot sticks, and fruit on the couch!

Saturday:: (we have 2 vegetarian friends in town for the weekend!) cast iron skillet frittata, fruit, and salad from the garden.

Sunday:: Homemade veggie pizza, salad from the garden (or asparagus if it is on sale when I go grocery shopping on Friday), and fruit.

This week I spent $59.15 at Fred Meyer, $17 of that was vodka for homemade vanilla extract for Christmas gifts.  Washington State just started selling hard alcohol in grocery stores (you had to go to a state run liquor store before that), and I got a screaming deal at Fred Meyer on super cheap vodka.
On the Monday holiday, Jack and I also hit up Trader Joes to the tune of $21.50, and fancy pants market for a stock up on my favorite bulk bin items (cocoa powder, panko, spices, etc.) at $43.70.  I spent $7 on raw milk, and $13 on three dozen organic free range eggs.  Total spent this week: $144.35.

Also, this isn't a political blog.  Like at all.  I'll remind you to vote on voting day, but that's it.  This isn't a political blog for a multiude of reasons: 1) I'm a strict independent and examine each issue and candidate throughout the process, 2) I worked for the House of Representatives for 3.5 years and tend to get annoyed when people on either side spout crap out of their mouths without actually looking at you know, FACTS 3) I don't wanna.

With that disclaimer, I will say that the other night Jack insisted that Batman and Robin have a nice cozy bed next to his bed.  The next morning I heard on the radio that DOMA was repealed.  I guess even a three year old can recognize that even Batman and Robin deserve to be happy.
Bed made from the lid of a Star Wars shoe box, "mattress" is a Green Mountain Diaper prefold, pillows and yellow "throw" are old baby wipes, and their lovely coverlet is made from scraps leftover from Jack's quilt.  The whole ensemble can be purchased from Pottery Barn soon!

Labels: