Meal plan for October 15th - 21st

I'm sitting here late late late on a Saturday waiting for my pressure canner to finish up the approximately 1 billion pints of pumpkin I'm canning.  Did you know it takes freaking 55 minutes to process pumpkin chunks in a pressure canner?  55 minutes!!  I want to be in bed.

I hate myself a little bit for doing this.  Why couldn't I just grow pumpkins for decoration?  Like ohhhh, pretty pumpkins on the front porch.  "Look (insert neighbor spouse's name), isn't Sarah whimsical?  She has pumpkins on her front porch.  Adorable!  She looks so refreshed and well rested too".

I'm an idiot people. 

But you know what?

I have ice cream cake.  Oh yes I do!

It's leftover from my birthday party last weekend.

Mmmmmm.  I would like to start the slow clap for the genius who created the middle layer that is fudge and crunchy cookie thingies.  Please join me in the making it a standing ovation.

I am also drinking a mug of water kefir soda that was in the back of the fridge for a bit and has gone a little boozy.  The rest of this post could get fun!

Other than the self flagellation - which I read about in The DaVinci Code (I hope this doesn't ruin any cred regarding literature I might have with you.  I was the only 6th grader in my school to read Roots afterall) and I think it means beating yourself up, and I hope it doesn't mean anything dirty - I've been meal planning!  Wanna see what we're eating this week?

Monday:: Crockpot pork chops (if the recipe is yummy, I'll share it with you next week), rice, and some veg.  Jack and I eat dinner at the in-laws on Mondays because they live like 4 feet from Monday night's soccer practice.  I'm providing the chops, and MIL is kicking in some rice and veg.

Tuesday:: Baked potato bar, tomato soup, and something from the garden.  I think the lettuce and spinach that Jack "planted" last month is ready to harvest.

Wednesday::  Pot roast in the crockpot with carrots and spuds from the garden (woot woot), salad, and dutch oven bread.

Thursday:: I'm working stupid late, so Jack and Troy will have mac and cheese from the freezer, and I'm just going to guess NOT eat the veggies I'll prep for them.  So, let's say mac and cheese, fruit leather, and probably some home canned pears.

Friday:: Popcorn dinner.  Hurray!  Popcorn, veggie sticks, cheese slices, and fruit.  Best day of the week!

Saturday::  Chili, cornbread, and some veg.  Let's see what is up in the garden, shall we?

Sunday:: Dinner at my parents?  My mom is getting sprung from the gimp hut on Tuesday, so we'll see how she is feeling.

I spent $38.16 at the grocery store, $3.50 for raw milk, and $42 at the "bacon store" for pork chops, chicken, and bacon (there is a shortage coming people.  BE PREPARED).

How about you, what is on the menu?

Labels: