Meal plan for December 10th - 16th

Phew, we had a whirlwind Saturday!  Troy (that one dude I'm married to who occasionally shows up) was home, and I got to run to the fabric store and Goodwill solo.  Then we went to get our Christmas tree, also known as the annual day we let our 3 year old play with power tools.
Before you call CPS, notice we took the battery out when letting him hold it alone.


I actually hate decorating for Christmas or any holidays so I always delay the getting of the tree.  Confession time, I hate Christmas carols.  I know, I'm a grinch.

We came home and were in the midst of decorating when our neighbor knocked on the door asking Troy to take her to her son's house to get a desk.  Upon entering her son's house, Troy got bit by their pitbull puppy.  Lovely!  He's ok, but has two bites; one on his hand and one on his arm.

Side note, I made the best dessert ever last night, and you can bet I'll be sharing the recipe later this week.

I finished up my class on Friday, and I'm hopeful for a good grade.  They'll be released later this month, so fingers crossed!

Today, my mother-in-law and I are headed to IKEA for a MIL/DIL shopping day.  I haven't been to IKEA since Jack was an inside baby.  I'm so excited that I could pee.

Here is our meal plan for the week.  Reminder, I only plan dinners, because breakfast is always smoothies or eggs with something, and lunches are always leftovers.  We rarely eat dessert during the week, and our dinner drink of choice is water kefir soda.

Monday:: roast chicken, dutch oven bread, fruit, and salad.

Tuesday:: Taco bowls, and fruit.

Wednesday:: Breakfast for dinner.  Whole wheat biscuits, eggs, sausage, and fruit.

Thursday:: some homemade gnocchi from the freezer, salad, and fruit.

Friday:: Baked potato soup, salad, and fruit.

Saturday:: Troy's company holiday party.

Sunday:: Dinner at my parent's.

I spent $3.50 on raw milk, $29 at the grocery store, and $22 at the butcher stocking up on bacon and sausage.

What are you guys having this week? 

Labels: