Meal plan for February 4th - 10th

Last night, I had a lesson in how I must sound to my son.

Jack: Mom, why do zombies eat brains?
Me: Um, well, that is what they like.
Jack: But why?
Me: Well, it's their favorite food.  Just like you love applesquish (applesauce)
Jack: (thinking for a second.  Then putting his finger out with lots of attitude) ok, zombies, you can have brains for dessert, only if you take one bit of carrot stick and one bit of banana at dinner.  Deal?

Well, at least he is listening to me when I'm talking about nutrition!

Troy and I have been saving for a few months to get a headboard and foot board for our bed.  It appears that the money is needed elsewhere.  Jack is 90th percentile for height, and his little toddler bed is a wee bit small.  Add in the fact that he insists on having 7,309 stuffed animals in bed with him, and it's a hot mess.



We bought his crib because it would convert to a toddler bed, and then to a twin bed.  So, we need to purchase the rail thingies to convert it to a twin, and a mattress.  Bye bye stylish new bed for us!

Jack has figured out that he can hitch a ride with me when I'm wearing this baggy shirt that I own.  I can't keep him out of the shirt!  I guess he misses baby wearing?
Jack was sick on Friday, so I stayed home with him for part of the day, then Troy tagged me and came home, and I went in for an important meeting.  Jack is currently obsessed with "story time" at the library.  It's a huge undertaking to haul all his "friends" from his bed out to the livingroom.
Here is our meal plan for the week.  Reminder, I only plan dinners, because breakfast is always smoothies or eggs with something, and lunches are always leftovers.  We rarely eat dessert during the week, and our dinner drink of choice is water kefir soda.

Monday:: Frittata, bacon, and fruit on the side.

Tuesday:: Quesadillas, tomato soup canned from my 2012 summer garden, salad, and fruit.

Wednesday:: Taco bowls, salad, and fruit.

Thursday:: Soup from the freezer, salad, and fruit.

Friday:: Popcorn dinner.  Yes, seriously we eat popcorn for dinner.  It's popcorn, leftovers, cheese slices, fruit, and cut up veggies.  Everyone gets as much as they want, and no one leaves hungry.  I adore Fridays because it is the easiest night of the week for making everyone happy!

Saturday:: French onion soup in the crockpot (this didn't get made last night because I had my sister in law and her husband over for dinner, and they don't like french onion soup.  Salad, and fruit.

Sunday:: Family dinner at my parent's.

This week I spent $15.79 at the grocery store, and $3.50 for raw milk.

What are you guys having?


Labels: