I missed you guys! My computer is back and I'm back, and I hope you're still here (there)! Here are a few things you've missed:
1) I need to go on a sugar fast or something, because I've been downing the sweets like sugar is about to be made illegal.
2) Jack sweetly asked me to take my glasses off the other day. When I asked why, he said "because you look prettier without them". Charmed.
3) My flipping chicken coop is STILL not done. Troy assures me that Tuesday will be the day. I am waiting with baited breath. This is how Jack has been supervising construction:
4) Troy and I watched "End of Watch" recently, and it was pretty good. Funny, scary, suspenseful, but I'm not giving the end away. It's not for everyone. Watching it reminded me of the craziness that was our life for four years living in Los Angeles. :shudders:
5) I still have almost nothing planted in my garden that wasn't put in last year. Sigh. I just can't get motivated.
6) Costco has their LED lights back on sale with a rebate. Stock up people!
7) Costco has Washington State asparagus in stock!!! Washington State used to be the number one producer of asparagus in the world. There you go. A little fact for you. You're welcome.
8) I have some fun posts coming up for you this week - yummy quinoa, and another installment of FARTS.
Meal plan time! Reminder, I only plan dinners, because breakfast is always smoothies
or eggs with something, and lunches are always leftovers. We rarely
eat dessert during the week, and our dinner drink of choice is water kefir soda.
Monday:: A lemon chicken recipe I found in a magazine (will share if it is good), asparagus, and fruit.
Tuesday:: Organic hot dogs, asparagus, and fruit!
Wednesday:: Asian chicken bowls, and lumpia.
Thursday:: Dinner at my in-laws.
Friday:: Double date with Troy's partner and his girlfriend and her son. We're having a picnic at a park where the boys can play, probably hit each other, and get torn away from the playground in tears.
Saturday:: TBA. My nephew is spending the night, and I'm waiting on guidance from my sister on what to feed him.
Sunday:: Mother's day brunch with my in-laws, and then Mother's day dinner at my parent's.
I spent $35 at Trader Joes, $47 at our local butcher (I was straight up out of chicken breasts), and $50 at Costco.
What are you having?
Labels: Meal plan