POOP in 15 - Food, day 2

What is POOP in 15?  It is a series for people who want more order in their lives, but don't have a lot of time to devote to doing it.

Purpose
Organization
Order
Peace

Click here for more details.

Today is all about education.  Today, you're going to make the commitment to do some reading on food - including recipes -, nutrition, or the history of the food system in the US.  I have a few recommendations, but I fully acknowledge that they are a bit skewed in direction of "processed food and factory farming is bad".  If you have any suggestions that you think deserves a look, please leave a comment because I am up for reading anything!

The links below are for Amazon*, but I highly recommend getting any book from the library first to test it out for yourself!

The Omnivore's Dilemma
Food Rules: An Eater's Manual (follow up to The Omnivore's Dilemma
Salt, Sugar, Fat: How the Food Giants Hooked Us (I just started reading this on vacation and granted, I'm not done with it, but I love it so far!)
The Homemade Pantry
Super Natural Foods Every Day
Plenty: Eating Locally on the 100-Mile Diet
Animal, Vegetable, Miracle
The Art of Simple Food
Peas and Thank You (while I don't follow a vegan diet, and think that things like vegan "margarine" is actually probably pretty terrible for you, I like this book, and adapt the recipes to use non-vegan ingredients.

Happy reading!

*I am an Amazon Affiliate, so anything you purchase through that link will give me a tiny portion of the sales amount.


Labels: