Meal plan for March 31st - April 6th

Well, we got some news today that we had been waiting for.

Our family is growing!!!

In a matter of months, there will be more mouths to feed around here.  Two more in fact.

I'm not sure what to name them yet, but I'm sure time will allow for some creativity.

Hee hee!

We are adding two Blue Wyndottes to our backyard flock.  Due to Troy's allergies, we can't have baby chicks in the house,  Plus, we only need/want two more this year, and having two baby chicks is not practical given they need multiple warm bodies for the fluff huddle.

Our previous chicken lady is no longer selling "coop ready" chickens this year.  Sigh.  So, in a moment of total non-professionalism, I asked one of my clients who has a huge chicken farm, if she would "foster" two chicks for me this year.  She has a total of 40, and wanted to add 12 more this year.  She said sure, because two more chicks is just a drop in the chicken bucket.  In about three months, our girls will be home in their new coop, and god willing, Poo Poo Sandwiches, our big mean chicken leaves them the cluck alone.

Jack's new thing is Nerf guns. So, so many Nerf guns and darts in my house.  They breed at night and multiple by morning.  Part of the Nerf battleground is the entryway/kitchen.  As a result, I can't walk past my pantry, without being ambushed.  See the slightly ajar door right behind the oven?  He is laying in wait for me.

Saturday was a day for errands and house cleaning.  Nothing exciting there, but it had to be done.  Troy kept Jack occupied for a good chunk of the day, and I organized and purged all his crap.  (Step by step Jedi robe instructions here).
He has a birthday party coming up, and the house remodel has partially begun.  Space is at a premium these days, and clutter makes my boobs sweat.  We put three tubs of toys, books, and stuffed animals in the attic, have multiple bags of stuff to take to Goodwill, and yet, there are still 16,490 toys in this house. 

And we have purchased exactly two of them.

Meal plan time!  Reminder, I only plan dinners.  My breakfast of choice has changed, and I'm now obsessed with homemade Greek yogurt with tons of cut up fresh fruit (or fruit I froze in the summer), and a homemade granola bar crumbled on top.  It's delicious and keeps me completely full and satisfied until lunch. Lunches are always leftovers.  We rarely eat dessert during the week, and our dinner drink of choice is water kefir soda.

Monday:: Salmon cakes from the freezer (hurray for reheating!), asparagus, and fruit.

Tuesday:: T-Roy's amazing burgers, sweet potato fries, and broccoli (sans cheese).

Wednesday:: Frittata, tomato soup from last year's garden, and fruit.

Thursday:: Dinner at my in-laws!

Friday:: Jack's 5th birthday.  FIFTH!  We offered to take him out to dinner, but my boy just wants to stay home and have popcorn and watch a movie.  Perfect.

Saturday:: Winging it!

Sunday:: Family dinner at my parent's.  We contribute sides, and they provide the main dish.

This week I spent $3.50 at the farm for raw milk, $20.22 at Trader Joes, $36 at the grocery store, and $28 at Costco.

What are you having this week?

Labels: