Meal plan for April 14th - 20th

I pride myself on being responsible and on the ball.  It's something people always comment on when we work together.  I'm known for it.

When I was getting ready for my work trip last week, a total of three groups of people were going to be watching Jack so that I could attend the conference.  That is a lot of balls in the air, so I created a color-coded schedule of events so that everyone was on the same page.

A thing of beauty, right?

I also lined up chicken care for the ladies, made a reservation for parking, packed healthy snacks for the plane, and basically made arrangements for every single thing that could go wrong.  I even swapped out my bigger purse for a small little travel one that would fit nicely in my bag.

So, you can imagine how I felt when I got to the airport and realized I didn't pack my meerkating drivers license!!!!!!!!!!

Oh for the love of Pete, I have never been so mortified in my life.  I approached TSA and explained the situation.  I'm sure the look of embarrassment on my face screamed "not a terrorist".  I had my AMEX in my little travel purse, which thankfully is also my Costco card so it had my photo on it.  After what I will describe as an intense pat down, and bomb testing of everything I packed, I was allowed through security.

What a freaking moron.

I just know Troy is holding on to this one to use at just the right moment.  Maybe the next time I remind him to please push his chair in, I'll probably hear "oh yeah, well at least I take my license to the airport".  Dick.

Excluding the license snafu, my trip to Nashville was pretty great!  The conference was fabulous, and I ate so much food.  I did well eating healthy, but I definitely indulged in desserts, BBQ, and I tried my first ever fried pickle.  Holy balls, where have those things been all my life?

I also had some fried pie.
That's right, fried pie.  It's a thing. I ate it.  I shared it with a few other people from the conference.

Jack was so happy to see me when I got back.  I don't think I've ever gotten so many snuggles in my life.  He keeps calling me in to his room before he falls asleep and then says "do you think you might want to crawl in to bed with me and hug me"?  The answer is always yes!

We spent most of our time at the Gaylord Opryland Conference Center, and dang that place was enormous. It was way too much for my senses to take in.  You should have seen the look I got when I asked a staff member where their recycling bin was.  Short answer is, they didn't have one.  I was a long way from Seattle.

Jack wanted to do a little photoshoot this weekend.  I have 429 of these, but the two below are the ones the crack me up the most.


A good friend is pregnant, and borrowing a bunch of my baby stuff.  Before giving her my slings and wraps, I wanted to make sure I still knew how to use them so that I could show her step by step how to put them on.  I was able to figure out my sling, and Simba was quite comfortable in the style of attachment parenting.
PS, I know our nasty carpet, popcorn ceilings, and 1980's wallpaper border make you want to call HGTV on us.  Don't worry, it will all be taken care of during the upcoming remodel!
Meal plan time!  Reminder, I only plan dinners.  My breakfast of choice has changed, and I'm now obsessed with homemade Greek yogurt with tons of cut up fresh fruit (or fruit I froze in the summer), and a homemade granola bar crumbled on top.  It's delicious and keeps me completely full and satisfied until lunch. Lunches are always leftovers.  We rarely eat dessert during the week, and our dinner drink of choice is water kefir soda.

Monday:: Taco bowls and grilled asparagus.

Tuesday:: I'm working late; lame.  Today I am using my crockpot to make some of Nom Nom Paleo's Kaula pig.  This stuff freezes awesome and reheats like a charm.  We'll be having some of that, with grilled asparagus, and coleslaw.

Wednesday:: Troy will be grilling up his yummy chicken, and I'll make sweet potato fries, and leftover coleslaw.

Thursday:: Dinner at my in-laws.

Friday:: Popcorn and movie night!

Saturday:: Easter with my side of the family.

Sunday:: Easter with Troy's side of the family.

This week I spent $3.50 on raw milk, $42 at the local butcher, $19.78 at the grocery store.

What are you enjoying this week?

Labels: