What I did on my summer vacation. And a meal plan

Boy howdy, thank you for being patient with me while I took a few days off.  I had a wonderful visit with my friend and goddaughter, I cooked, I gardened, I got my work out on, I made a Father's Day present, and I ate gobs and gobs of homemade guacamole with chips.  I also watched Beverly Hills Cop on Amazon.

Pictures by Jack
But I missed you!  I have some fun posts coming up this week, and I hope you like them!

Until then, here is our meal plan for the week.

Monday::  Baked potato "bar" (green onions, bacon, cheese, etc.), grilled asparagus, and tortilla soup from the freezer.

Tuesday:: Mostly meatless burgers sans buns (it was too humid this weekend to make bread like I had planned.  I didn't feel the need to heat my house up more), grilled squash with mozzarella cheese (holy shit I can't wait!!!), and sweet potato fries.

Wednesday:: Buffalo chicken pizza rolls (new recipe, will share if it doesn't suck), Asian snap peas from the garden (the snap peas are from the garden.  The "Asian" is from my spice cabinet), fruit.

Thursday:: Cowboy skillet (new recipe, will share if it's yummers), over cornbread, homemade guac and chips.

Friday:: Lasagna with homemade ricotta, dutch oven bread that I'm going to turn in to bruschetta, grilled asparagus, apple pie, and homemade vanilla ice cream.  We're having the in-laws over for dinner as a belated Father's Day meal.

Saturday:: popcorn, fruit, and veggies!

Sunday:: dinner at my parent's.
If you can find "Juanita's Chips" at your grocery store, they are fantastic for guac!
This week I spent $15.60 on groceries, $3.50 on raw milk, and about $40 at Costco (est. since we're heading out later today).

Labels: