Meal plan for October 1st - 7th

Oy vey, it's been an exhausting weekend!  I almost feel like I need to go to work tomorrow just to get a break.  Almost.

I've been a slacker this week and didn't track our grocery expenditures, but I did spend $12 on 3 dozen fresh and local eggs, $3.50 for half a gallon of raw milk, $40 at Costco, and about $20 ish at the grocery store.  Here is what we're having for dinner this week.

Monday:: (soccer practice) Chinese chicken salad wraps, fruit, and a few Pop Chips.  The sauce for the wraps was something I canned from stolen gleamed plums.  The recipe is in Put Em Up.

Tuesday:: Tortilla soup in the crockpot, served with tortilla chips and fruit.

Wednesday:: (soccer practice) Taco bowls, served with tortilla chips and fruit.  Eerily similar to Tuesday, eh?

Thursday:: Breakfast dinner (bacon that I cooked awhile ago and froze, whole wheat waffles I made this morning and froze, and the world's best scrambled eggs).  And fruit.  Of course.

Friday:: It's my birthday, and Jackie and I are going to take dinner to my momma at the gimp hut (skilled rehab facility where she will be temporarily to get her strength back.  MS is a stupid ass disease ya'll.). 

Saturday:: Dinner at my sister-in-law's.

Sunday:: Not sure, but I'm sure my family will converge on the gimp hut and come up with something to share for a meal!

How about you?  What are you guys having?

And yoo hoo.  You. The overly PC person who was just about to comment that I need to be sensitive to using terms like "gimp".  Save your breath/typing energy.  Both of my parents have been gimped up since before my sister and I were born.  Through no fault of their own.  So, as a family, you have two choices - you can cry about it, or you can laugh and make jokes.

It's pretty clear the route my family has taken.  And we don't apologize about laughing through the shitty times.  Because the alternative sucks.

Labels: