Meal plan for December 3rd - 9th

December.  Oh lordy, the holidays are upon us.  I'm starting to have a Jessie Spano moment over here with the sense of urgency to get Christmas and Hanukkah presents done.  There is so much to do, and there is never enough time.  I'm so excited ("look at this quilt"), I'm so excited ("homemade body butter!"), I'm so, I'm so scared. 

This was a slowish week.  A few late nights at work, a sinus infection, a local Christmas tree lighting ceremony, and a hair cut.  :confetti:

I was a mean and impatient mommy a lot this weekend.  Troy was gone, I was sick, and Jack was Jack.  Crazy energetic, inquisitive, and never shut his damn mouth for the most part.  I love that kid, but man oh man he can wear a healthy person out.  Add sinus pain and a snot faucet for a nose, and you get one cranky momma.

I have a quiz on Monday, and my final exam on Friday.  I really enjoyed this Anthropology course, and loved the instructor, but I'm very much looking forward to the quarter being over.  I'm taking winter off, and may start back up in Spring with another course.  Who knows.  Spring seems so far off, and my garden might dictate what I do during that time of the year.

Speaking of which, holy jumping the gun Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds.  They sent out their seed bible catalog this week.  I feel like I should wrap it up and put it under the tree to open on the 25th.

In a post last week, I had a photo of myself in 7th grade.  Many of you commented on how much Jack looks like me.  Well, check out this photo that we have in our living room.

Every time Jack walks by it, he says "Why do I have pigtails on my head"?

My head is pounding, and my sinus pressure makes me want to drill a hole in my nasal passages.  So...let's talk food!  Here is what we're eating this week.  Reminder, I only plan dinners, because breakfast is always smoothies or eggs with something, and lunches are always leftovers.  We rarely eat dessert during the week, and our dinner drink of choice is water kefir soda.

Monday:: I'm working late.  Again.  Sigh.  I'm over that noise.

Tuesday:: Breakfast dinner.  Baked French toast (you can make it the night before, and bake it the day of.  LOVE), bacon, and eggs.  Fruit of course.  There must always be fruit.

Wednesday:: Troy will make his famous and delicious burgers, and I'll contribute onion rings, and Brussels sprouts.  And fruit.  Shocker!

Thursday:: Baked potato bar, tomato soup (home canned and from the garden baby!), and fruit.

Friday:: Popcorn dinner.  Yep, it's popcorn.  For dinner.  We have veggies, fruit, and sliced cheese.  And we watch a movie from the library or streamed from Amazon (free).  Jack enjoys himself, I veg out, and shut my brain down for an hour or so.  I love Fridays.

Saturday:: French onion soup in the crockpot, salad from the garden, and dutch oven bread.

Sunday:: Family dinner at my parent's.

We haven't gone grocery shopping yet; that will be after church today, but my list is pretty small.  We'll also need two dozen eggs and half of gallon of milk from the farm.  Those three items will be $11.50.

What are you having this week?

Labels: