Meal plan for June 3rd - 9th

I had a great time at the Mother Earth News fair yesterday.  It was fabulous, amazing, and I met loads of great people.  I'll do a big wrap up post later this week, but it was a grand time.

Sugar fast update: I totally scarfed down two scones at the fair.  I knew I was going to do it, and I looked forward to it all day.  And then I felt like crap for a few hours afterwards.  You win some, you lose some.

Chicken update: stupid, stupid birds.  They've finally learned how to roost, but they will not eat any food scraps.  They don't get that I am putting delicious strawberry tops in their coop.  They pass them over and eat chard that has bolted.  I mean, really.

A few days ago, Jack put his hands together while he was in his carseat and said "mommy, I'm praying".  I asked him what he was praying for, and he said "I'm praying that God and Jesus to come down from heaven".  He then informed me that he was praying that they would come down and play Angry Birds with him.  Well, it seems like church is kind of sinking in.  Partially.

Jack and I made some Lara Bars on Thursday.  I went to the bathroom and asked Jack not to eat the cocoa powder.  When I got back, I asked him if he had eaten any of the ingredients.  He answered that he hadn't.  Uh huh...

Meal plan time!  Reminder, I only plan dinners, because breakfast is always smoothies or eggs with something, and lunches are always leftovers.  We rarely eat dessert during the week, and our dinner drink of choice is water kefir soda.

Monday:: Trade Joes organic hot dogs, cole slaw, and roasted asparagus.  Troy seems to be getting sick of asparagus, but TOO FREAKING BAD!  The season is so short, and I only get to have stinky pee for a limited time.

Tuesday:  Grilled chicken Asian salads, and lumpia.

Wednesday:: Fend for yourself.  I have to work late.

Thursday:: Chicken tortilla soup from the freezer, quesadillas, and grilled asparagus.

Friday:: Popcorn dinner.  Yes, seriously we eat popcorn for dinner.  It's popcorn, leftovers, cheese slices, fruit, and cut up veggies.  Everyone gets as much as they want, and no one leaves hungry.  I adore Fridays because it is the easiest night of the week for making everyone happy!

Saturday:: Homemade pizza, grilled asparagus.

Sunday:: Troy's birthday, and family dinner at my parent's.

I haven't done any grocery shopping yet - after church - but I have only a handful of things on my list, so shouldn't be too expensive.

What are you having?

Labels: