Meal plan for March 10th-16th

Yesterday, we were out running errands, and Jack and Troy started whispering in the backseat as we approached the market.  Yes, Troy rides in the back seat with Jack.  Yes, I do feel like a soccer mom.

Anyhoo, they were whispering, and I said "what in the world are you two talking about"?  They instantly shut up, and in unison yelled "nothing momma".  Then Jack piped up "boy stuff momma".

I pulled in to the parking lot, and parked the car.  Before I knew what was happening, the boys booked it out of the car as fast as they possibly could.  The only time I have ever seen them move that fast is when I yell "who wants to lick the beater" after I've made frosting in the kitchen aid.

I walked in to the store to find Jack waiting by a register with a meerkat eating grin (I gave up swearing for Lent, and replacing all swear words with the word meerkat) and something behind his back.  Then, to the delight of the women who were in the check out aisle with them, he pulled a small bouquet of tulips out from behind his back and presented them to me.

For all his super crazy energy and Single White Female stalker tendencies, that boy of mind is pretty darn sweet some times.

On another note, just for your own information, it only takes a fall from a very small height for a five pound bag of dried black beans to bust open.  #bestfridaynightever

Last week, my aunt and uncle brought the Uncommon Goods catalog to family dinner, and holy meerkats, it is true love.  Who has me in the secret santa this year?  I NEED this mug.  NEED IT.

The farm where we buy our raw milk had some lovely and adorable surprises waiting for us last week.

Be still my heart, I can't even meerkating handle the meerkat cuteness!

This week at work is the culmination of a huge enormous big freaking deal of a project that my department has been working on since August.  It's such a "to do", and I can't wait for it to be over.  Everything should be done by noon on Friday, and my head is ready to explode with excitement just waiting for this to be done.  It can't come soon enough.

Meal plan time!  Reminder, I only plan dinners.  My breakfast of choice has changed, and I'm now obsessed with homemade Greek yogurt with tons of cut up fresh fruit (or fruit I froze in the summer), and a homemade granola bar crumbled on top.  It's delicious and keeps me completely full and satisfied until lunch. Lunches are always leftovers.  We rarely eat dessert during the week, and our dinner drink of choice is water kefir soda.

Monday:: Single married moms dinner.  I am making a frittata, roasted brussels sprouts, fruit, and my whole wheat knock off of "Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuits".

Tuesday:: I'm going to try this inside out chicken cordon bleu (but without pounding the chicken the second time, because if you read the instructions, they don't make any meerkating sense), and salad.

Wednesday:: I'm working late again.  Yay!  I'm so so enjoying working late every week lately.  It's so meerkating amazing.  :confetti: I'm making this noodle salad to nosh on, and will probably make some eggs for protein.

Thursday:: We're supposed to eat at my in-laws, but I'm working late again, so I am picturing dinner as me coming to pick up Jack late, and them toss food in to my mouth as I drive away.  Basically, my dinner will be similar to a dog catching a frisbee.

Friday:: Popcorn dinner.  Yes, seriously we eat popcorn for dinner.  It's popcorn, leftovers, cheese slices, fruit, and cut up veggies.  Everyone gets as much as they want, and no one leaves hungry.  I adore Fridays because it is the easiest night of the week for making everyone happy!

Saturday:: Winging it.  I've started really enjoying not having Saturday planned out.

Sunday:: Jack is going to a birthday party, and we may or may not be going to family dinner.  If we aren't able to attend, I'll probably just make homemade pizza and salad.

This week, I spent $3.50 at the farm for raw milk, $5.62 at a local produce stand for some produce (duh), $36.51 at my main grocery store, $11.12 at the local butcher, $62 at Costco, and $32 at another grocery store.

What are you having this week?

Labels: