Meal plan for March 3rd - 9th

I feel like I have a magnet imbedded in to my body that attracts people that want/need desperately to be punched in the face.

Yesterday, after weeks of having zero personal or alone time, I was able to finally run errands by myself, and get a pedicure.  I settled in to the massage chair, turned on my Kindle, and was excited to relax and just read for a bit.

Then she came in.

She of the sexy fake baby voice who talked on her damn phone for an hour.  Her name was Jessica.  How do I know this?  Because she said it over and over and over while talking to the Comcast representative after saying "operator" six hundred times at the top of her sexy baby lungs.

She, the woman who was very much in need of a blanket and soap party, ala Full Metal Jacket.

Her longest conversation was to whine to the poor sainted Comcast rep about how she was moving to Florida tomorrow, and no it was not her fault that she waited until the last minute to call and cancel her service.  And no, she couldn't possibly drop off the cable box today because she was moving tomorrow, and couldn't he understand how busy she was.

Busy getting a pedicure.  Ahem.  #priorities.

Another lovely conversation was with a friend who apparently had just gotten some test results back, and she (Jessica, my new best friend) was thrilled to hear that everything looked normal.  Also, Jessica had something similar a few years ago when she was 28, but she just ended up taking fiber for it.

I have never so badly wanted to yell "shut the fuck up" at the top of my lungs.  It took 16 levels of self control to not attack her with a fistful of pumice stones. 

Blech.

Then, I came home and Jack and I finally planted our spring seeds.  You know, the ones I was supposed to plant in early February?  I'd like to say that a huge project got in the way, but honestly, the distraction was Carrie Mathison.  I finally got season two of Homeland from the library, and I only had two weeks to watch it.  Work has been so stressful this month, that by the time I commuted home, made dinner, put Jack to bed, did household chores, etc., it was all I could do to keep from passing out on the couch while watching Homeland and writing blog posts.  So, sorry seeds.  #priorities.

I asked Jack if he wanted to help, and indeed he did.  He then said "and soon, we will have delicious fresh vegetables for our stomachs to enjoy".  I swear, I think this boy is 50% crazy, and the other 50% is a 42 year old man.

Is it necessary to use a turkey baster to squirt water on peat pellets?  Nope.  Is it super fun?  Yep!
Meal plan time!  Reminder, I only plan dinners.  My breakfast of choice has changed, and I'm now obsessed with homemade Greek yogurt with tons of cut up fresh fruit (or fruit I froze in the summer), and a homemade granola bar crumbled on top.  It's delicious and keeps me completely full and satisfied until lunch. Lunches are always leftovers.  We rarely eat dessert during the week, and our dinner drink of choice is water kefir soda.

I am working late a lot this week, so later today I am making a crockful of Crockpot French Onion Soup, and I'm going to be eating it throughout the week.

Monday:: Oven-fried chicken, salad, and fruit.

Tuesday:: I am working late, so French Onion soup it is.  Jack will eat at my aunt's.

Wednesday:: Grilled chicken salad wraps and fruit.

Thursday:: My in-laws are out of town, so I have to feed myself.  Can you freaking believe it?  The nerve.  So, because it will be the third night in a row of me working late, I'm getting takeout.  Oh yes I am!

Friday:: Popcorn dinner.  Yes, seriously we eat popcorn for dinner.  It's popcorn, leftovers, cheese slices, fruit, and cut up veggies.  Everyone gets as much as they want, and no one leaves hungry.  I adore Fridays because it is the easiest night of the week for making everyone happy!

Saturday:: Having Troy grill up some of his amazing hamburgers.  We'll pair them with chipotle sweet potato fries, and salad.

Sunday:: Family dinner at my parent's.  They provide the main dish, and we all provide the sides and dessert.  Fun day!

This week I spent $31.20 at the grocery store, $3.50 at the farm for raw milk, and $4 for those little harpies, the Girl Scouts.  I buy one box of their demon cookies a year, and today was the day.

How about you?  What are you having?

Labels: