Meal plan for January 16-22nd

Everyone in the world has snow today, but us.  Sigh.  I love snow.  Frostmen, frost balls, and frost angels are just not the same!

Here is what we'll be enjoying this week for dinner.  Reminder: lunches are leftovers for Troy and myself, and Jack always has a PB&J, and a few sides for lunch.  Breakfast for Troy and myself are smoothies, or eggs and toast, and Jack has breakfast at my aunt's.

Monday:: roast chicken (have whole chicken in the freezer), asparagus (have in the freezer), and sweet potato fries (have in the freezer).

Tuesday:: Troy is making burgers!  We have the grassfed ground beef in the freezer, I'm making hamburger buns on Monday, sweet potato fries (have in the freezer), and coleslaw.

Wednesday:: Spaghetti (have noodles in pantry) with marinara (have a bunch in the freezer from my last crock pot sauce batch), asparagus (have in the freezer), and home canned pears.

Thursday:: Apple pancakes, scrambled eggies, and bacon

Friday:: Crockpot chili, cast iron skillet cornbread, and home canned pears or peaches.  I have all the ingredients in the freezer or pantry.

Saturday:: We're having friends over for dinner.  They're are expecting their first child and are interested in cloth diapering.  They're coming over for dinner and a cloth diaper hands-on tutorial.  I'm making lasagna with homemade ricotta, no-knead dutch oven bread, salad with candied walnuts and pears, and apple pie.

Sunday:: Family dinner at my parent's.

This week I spent $60.63 on groceries.  And I'm headed to Costco this afternoon and I'm anticipating another $30 ish.

I bought:
Ice cream (it was free and a treat for my MIL & FIL who was babysitting Jack last night so we could go on a date)
Jack's milk (So Delicious Coconut milk)
King Arthur Bread flour (I grind my own now, but still add 1 cup of  KA to my homemade bread)
Organic carrots
Newman Own's organic pretzels
MORE satsumas - we can't get enough!
Organic celery
Shredded cabbage/coleslaw mix (the organic cabbages were HUGE and I knew I couldn't use the whole thing before it went bad)
Organic beets
Organic bananas
Natural ham from the deli
Two 6-packs of Hansen's soda.  It was on sale, and a fun treat
$20.09 at our local butcher for chicken breasts and bacon
$3.50 for a half gallon of raw milk

Labels: